Re: is xdvi broken?

On 2019.04.16 19:21, Kushal Kumaran wrote:
Do you have some kind of live-preview configuration?  It's been a while
since I did LaTeX, but I remember latex-mode had some configuration that
allows to to continuously run (pdf)latex and keep a previewer running.
I think the latexmk command does something similar.  See if you have an
instance of that running in the background somewhere.

Yes; I was running latexmk. With the -pvc option the situation was intolerable:

latexmk -pvc -dvi -pdf mydocument.tex

That is why I closed the xdvi window, but quickly discovered that the process which calls xdvi still was running. Restarting the computer solved the problem. I did not try simply restarting xfce.

A month ago I was using latexmk with the same options on this machine. I seem to recall an occasional jump back to the xdvi window, but not the constant jumping back I was seeing today. So I think that the new Cherry keyboard must be the culprit.