Re: just mail forwarding to smart mailer

On 2019-04-16, Bonno Bloksma <b.bloksma@tio.nl> wrote:
> Hi,

>> Note that sSMTP does not perform server certificate verification, thus allowing, e.g., credential stealing via MITM attacks. Furthermore, it neglects to document this failing, although we're working on this ;)
>>

> That is not a problem for me, all mail traffic will be inside out own LAN.
> The wiki has very little info. Like, if it is not a daemon then how does the mail even leave the system? When will the program become active to send the mail to the smarthost?

ssmtp seems more a lightweight solution for handing off email to an
*external* smarthost. There is no local queue or daemon.

Maybe for your lan-only case opensmtpd might be the ticket.

https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/OpenSMTPD

--
“Let us again pretend that life is a solid substance, shaped like a globe,
which we turn about in our fingers. Let us pretend that we can make out a plain