Re: Sudden “operation not permitted”

	Hi.

On Wed, Apr 17, 2019 at 03:25:39PM +0900, Mark Fletcher wrote:
> I decided to try a reboot, which cleared the upowerd problem and returned
> load to 0 or close to it. But now, network activity is not working.

Seems like a coincidence to me.

> Any attempt to ping an IP address (eg my router) results in “Operation not
> permitted” even when run as root.

This. About the only known (for me, at least) way to achieve this is to
send back ICMP Type 3 (Destination Unreachable) Code 9 or 10
(network/host administratively prohibited).
It *could* be a SELinux or Apparmor misconfiguration, of course, but
we'll deal with it later.

The main question is, who sends ICMP back to your host.

Can you please post the output of "iptables-save" (needs to be run as
root)?
And do you have "tcpdump" installed?

> Looking through the journalctl since my reboot, I do not see anything that
> obviously points to the problem. Network Manager seems to start OK, as far
> as I can tell.

It means nothing. The thing is always "starting". Whenever it's doing
anything useful or harmful is entirely different matter.

Reco