RE: just mail forwarding to smart mailer

Hi,

>> > I am looking for an "easy light weight just empty the local queue
>> > and very very very easy thing: https://wiki.debian.org/sSMTP
>
> Note that sSMTP does not perform server certificate verification, thus allowing, e.g., credential stealing via MITM attacks. Furthermore, it neglects to document this failing, although we're working on this ;)

That is not a problem for me, all mail traffic will be inside out own LAN.
The wiki has very little info. Like, if it is not a daemon then how does the mail even leave the system? When will the program become active to send the mail to the smarthost?
Where can I find more info? It seems this might be my lightweight solution. Using Google for ssmtp gives mostly links to secure smtp.

Bonno Bloksma