Re: New laptop: need advice on choice of file system types

Quoting Pascal Hambourg (2019-04-16 20:39:25)
> Le 15/04/2019 à 16:38, Tom Browder a écrit :
> >
> > I have decided to use the Deb installer and select LVM during
> > the clean installation, and accept the FS default (I assume it will be
> > ext4, but if not, I will select it).
>
> If you intend to use guided partitioning on the whole disk, I repeat
> that LVM is worthless unless you plan to add disks in the future.

It is true that debian-installer currently by default uses up all space,
but LVM allows you to adjust space allocation later - if only you chose
a partitioning layout with multiple partitions: Log in as root (without
being logged in as regular user, so that /home is not actively used),
and run something like this:

  lvreduce --resizefs --size 5G /dev/myhost/home

 - Jonas