Re: but it's not going to be installed

On Tue, Apr 16, 2019 at 10:12:47AM +0100, mick crane wrote:
would the brave-apt stretch line cause problems with software other than brave browser which I don't really use ?

No it's very unlikely. It's possible that the particular Brave repository you
have configured there (Brave stretch) could depend upon versions of packages in
stretch rather than the newer Buster, which you are otherwise using
consistently, which might prevent their upgrade. But I don't think that's what
has happened for your mypaint case, Curt's bug
(https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=897909) is the more
likely explanation.