Re: New laptop: need advice on choice of file system types

On Fri, Apr 12, 2019 at 09:50:23AM -0500, Tom Browder wrote:
I have used ext4 for many years while I have been watching zfs and
btrfs being developed. I am now considering using one or both on at
least one partion during my upcoming new Debian installation.

What in particular do you find attractive about them?

Can anyone recommend either one for a normal (non-developer,
non-hobbyiest) user who does backups and values his data and wants
reasonable reliability?

Ext4 on top of LVM.

If you want to play around with new tech then I'd give ZFS on Linux
a try, but if you just want your machine to work stick to what you
know. I'd avoid BTRFS entirely unless you are an aspiring BTRFS
developer.

--

⢀⣴⠾⠻⢶⣦⠀
⣾⠁⢠⠒⠀⣿⡁ Jonathan Dowland