Re: Simple Linux to Linux(Debian) email

On 2019-04-12 13:31, Gene Heskett wrote:
On Friday 12 April 2019 07:54:57 Dan Ritter wrote:

mick crane wrote:
> I have wondered what they do to stop people broadcasting their own
> top level domain.

Nothing. They don't have to.

If you want a top level domain and you control your own
nameservers, you've got it.

But nobody else is likely to query your nameservers about it, so
it won't be used by anyone else.

This can actually be useful: you can define .crane for use
within your house, and now you have names that nobody else will
see.

-dsr-

And since I've been doing that since my amiga/dialup days, I can testify
that it works well.  One of the smartest dogs I ever knew was half
coyote, so this has been the coyote.den since the late 90's. Nice
private little now 8 machine network when everything is running, and as
long as I turn the radios off, nobody bothers me.  And vice-versa.
Seems no one has setup a radio login yet a smart phone can't crack in 30
seconds or less.

maybe there's something I'm not understanding.
Is your box broadcasting on the internet I know where .den is ask me about it ?

mick

Cheers, Gene Heskett

--
Key ID    4BFEBB31