Re: Simple Linux to Linux(Debian) email

On Friday 12 April 2019 07:54:57 Dan Ritter wrote:

> mick crane wrote:
> > I have wondered what they do to stop people broadcasting their own
> > top level domain.
>
> Nothing. They don't have to.
>
> If you want a top level domain and you control your own
> nameservers, you've got it.
>
> But nobody else is likely to query your nameservers about it, so
> it won't be used by anyone else.
>
> This can actually be useful: you can define .crane for use
> within your house, and now you have names that nobody else will
> see.
>
> -dsr-

And since I've been doing that since my amiga/dialup  days, I can testify
that it works well.  One of the smartest dogs I ever knew was half
coyote, so this has been the coyote.den since the late 90's. Nice
private little now 8 machine network when everything is running, and as
long as I turn the radios off, nobody bothers me.  And vice-versa.
Seems no one has setup a radio login yet a smart phone can't crack in 30
seconds or less.

Cheers, Gene Heskett
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)