Re: Debugging samba

Kevin DAGNEAUX wrote:

> I'm using samba for lot of years too, i'm having trouble only with the
> last version from debian repo.

Which debian version and which samba version - perhaps I missed this.

> When crashing, samba don't need to be restarted and windows client just
> see a small freeze.
>
> Log file talk about a lock problem on a directory that have never
> existed, in log file i don't have any info about which IP trying to
> access to this directory, that why a i try a debug to see if i've more
> info about thoses access.

Then enable logging per machine ID.

> Maybe you don't have any problem because samba panic script can't send
> you a mail.

I definitely do not have any problem, but can you share the crash report -
perhaps I am wrong

I have installed
 cat /etc/debian_version
9.8
$ dpkg -l | grep samba
ii  python-samba                   2:4.5.16+dfsg-1                    amd64
Python bindings for Samba
ii  samba                          2:4.5.16+dfsg-1                    amd64
SMB/CIFS file, print, and login server for Unix
ii  samba-common                   2:4.5.16+dfsg-1                    all
common files used by both the Samba server and client
ii  samba-common-bin               2:4.5.16+dfsg-1                    amd64
Samba common files used by both the server and the client
ii  samba-dsdb-modules             2:4.5.16+dfsg-1                    amd64
Samba Directory Services Database
ii  samba-libs:amd64               2:4.5.16+dfsg-1                    amd64
Samba core libraries
ii  samba-vfs-modules              2:4.5.16+dfsg-1                    amd64
Samba Virtual FileSystem plugins