Re: Debugging samba

Kevin DAGNEAUX wrote:

But now, i've a dependency problem, version of samba in debian-security
repo and samba-dbgsym in debian-debug repo are not the sames :
may be a similar problem is the root cause for your crashes, because I am
running samba for years and my wife uses it from windows on daily bases and
I have some virtual machines with Win7 too, but never had a crash in the
past 10+ years.

Why don't you start with the log files - increase log level etc.?

regards

I'm using samba for lot of years too, i'm having trouble only with the last version from debian repo.

When crashing, samba don't need to be restarted and windows client just see a small freeze.

Log file talk about a lock problem on a directory that have never existed, in log file i don't have any info about which IP trying to access to this directory, that why a i try a debug to see if i've more info about thoses access.

Maybe you don't have any problem because samba panic script can't send you a mail.

Kevin

begin:vcard
fn:Kevin DAGNEAUX
n:DAGNEAUX;Kevin
org:Fiitelcom
adr;quoted-printable:;;12 rue du Pr=C3=A9 Drou=C3=A9;Chavelot;;88150;France
email;internet:kevin.dagneaux@fiitelcom.fr
title:Informaticien
tel;work:03 29 36 88 85
x-mozilla-html:TRUE