Re: terminal with right-click = paste?

Lee wrote:
> I installed the xfce version of debian 9 & have a terminal icon on the
> menu bar that starts xfce4-terminal
>
> Is there some way to configure xfce4-terminal so that a right mouse
> click pastes text?
> What I have now is right-click brings up a menu where I have to left
> click on paste.  ick.

Middle button is probably set to paste right now. If you have a
wheel, it's probably set to to click in as the middle button.
Otherwise, left+right together may be middle button.

Finally, you can put this in your .Xresources:

XTerm*VT100.Translations: \
        #override BackSpace: string(0x08) \n\
                  Delete:    string(0x1b) string("[3~") \n\
                  ~Shift ~Ctrl ~Meta :
insert-selection(PRIMARY,CUT_BUFFER0) \n\
                  ~Ctrl ~Meta :  ignore() \n\
                  ~Shift ~Ctrl ~Meta :
insert-selection(PRIMARY,CUT_BUFFER0) \n\
                  :  select-end(PRIMARY,CLIPBOARD,CUT_BUFFER0)

and run actual xterm.

> How do I find out what other terminal programs are already

installed
> that I can try?

dpkg --get-selections|grep term
is close but not definitive