Re: terminal with right-click = paste?

On 4/10/19, Dan Ritter <dsr@randomstring.org> wrote:
> Lee wrote:
>> I installed the xfce version of debian 9 & have a terminal icon on the
>> menu bar that starts xfce4-terminal
>>
>> Is there some way to configure xfce4-terminal so that a right mouse
>> click pastes text?
>> What I have now is right-click brings up a menu where I have to left
>> click on paste.  ick.
>
> Middle button is probably set to paste right now.

It is!!  So how do I change that setting so that right click is set to paste?

> If you have a
> wheel, it's probably set to to click in as the middle button.
> Otherwise, left+right together may be middle button.
>
> Finally, you can put this in your .Xresources:
>
> XTerm*VT100.Translations: \
>         #override BackSpace: string(0x08) \n\
>                   Delete:    string(0x1b) string("[3~") \n\
>                   ~Shift ~Ctrl ~Meta :
> insert-selection(PRIMARY,CUT_BUFFER0) \n\
>                   ~Ctrl ~Meta :  ignore() \n\
>                   ~Shift ~Ctrl ~Meta :
> insert-selection(PRIMARY,CUT_BUFFER0) \n\
>                   :  select-end(PRIMARY,CLIPBOARD,CUT_BUFFER0)
>
> and run actual xterm.

Is there anything in your XTerm*VT100.Translations that means 'right
mouse button'?
If I do go with xterm I'll read up on .Xresources, but in the mean
time I'm not seeing anything in your snippet that even remotely looks
like 'mouse button'

>> How do I find out what other terminal programs are already installed
>> that I can try?
>
> dpkg --get-selections|grep term
> is close but not definitive

looks like xterm is my only other already installed option
$ dpkg --get-selections | grep term
ncurses-term                                    install
xfce4-terminal                                  install
xterm                                           install

Thanks
Lee