Re: Measuring (or calculating) how many bytes are actually written to disk when I repeatedly save a file

On 2019-04-08, rhkramer@gmail.com <rhkramer@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Monday, April 08, 2019 03:40:54 AM Curt wrote:
>> Maybe an SSD is not the most appropriate
>> storage device for frequent editing of large files.
>
> That is what I'm trying to decide / determine.

It is? Sorry. I guess I was tragically thrown off the scent by your
subject line (as well as other bytes in your body).

How about:

 Subject: SSD for frequent edits of large text files?

 Hi kids!

 I frequently edit large text files (100-200Mb) in Kwrite and Kate and
 am in the market for a new hard drive. Would an SSD be a judicious
 choice for this scenario? Thanks!