Re: Measuring (or calculating) how many bytes are actually written to disk when I repeatedly save a file

On Monday, April 08, 2019 09:32:48 AM Curt wrote:
> On 2019-04-08, rhkramer@gmail.com <rhkramer@gmail.com> wrote:
> > On Monday, April 08, 2019 03:40:54 AM Curt wrote:
> >> Maybe an SSD is not the most appropriate
> >> storage device for frequent editing of large files.
> >
> > That is what I'm trying to decide / determine.
>
> It is? Sorry. I guess I was tragically thrown off the scent by your
> subject line (as well as other bytes in your body).
>
> How about:
>
>  Subject: SSD for frequent edits of large text files?
>
>  Hi kids!
>
>  I frequently edit large text files (100-200Mb) in Kwrite and Kate and
>  am in the market for a new hard drive. Would an SSD be a judicious
>  choice for this scenario? Thanks!

And someone would (or should) ask what does "frequently" mean, and that is
what I am trying to quantify.

(But, in paying some more attention recently, frequently I try to save every
time I pause while editing, which is sometimes after each sentence, and I
spend 12 or hours most days editing such files (well, maybe 2 to 4 hours
actually editing, the other time being spent reading / researching.)