Re: Xfce Power Manger and watching movies full screen

On 2019-04-01, Georgios <gpdsbe+debian@mailbox.org> wrote:
> Hi!
> First of all thanks for the fast reply.
>
> Yes I have presentation mode. I didn't even try it to see if its working
> with hibernate. The problem with that is that its inconvenient to check
> it and uncheck it all the time.
>
> I will inevitably forget it sooner or later.

Well, that's how you do it, presumably, with xfce power manager, which
was the question. Obviously, you toggle presentation mode on and off as
necessary, unless you're watching netflix 24/7, which might curdle your
brain.

If not, there's 'caffeine'.

curty@einstein:~$ apt-cache show caffeine
Package: caffeine
Version: 2.8.3-3
Installed-Size: 314
Maintainer: Andrew Shadura <andrewsh@debian.org>
Architecture: all
Depends: python3.5:any, python3:any (>= 3.3.2-2~), perl, gir1.2-gtk-3.0, gir1.2-appindicator3-0.1, python3-xlib, python3-pkg-resources, python3-gi, libnet-dbus-perl
Description-en: prevent the desktop becoming idle in full-screen mode
 Caffeine prevents the desktop from becoming idle when an application
 is running full-screen. A desktop indicator ‘caffeine-indicator’
 supplies a manual toggle, and the command ‘caffeinate’ can be used
 to prevent idleness for the duration of any command.

This exhausts my extensive knowledge in the area.