Re: text editors

On Mon, Apr 01, 2019 at 12:03:13PM +0200, deloptes wrote:
> Gian Uberto Lauri wrote:
>
> > d> I've been listening at this BS at the university as well. Until now
> > d> I have not seen any practical or pragmatic use of this. I have
> > d> worked with PL and prolog for a while ... unfortunately I think in
> > d> coming years or decades it all will be declared dead ... when the
> > d> true AI from China will take over :D :D :D
> >
> > I think that Lisp was used in AI because it was the best language you
> > could find to code smart algorithms on... Figure implementing mapcar
> > in assembler or FORTRAN :)
>
> I think also, but no one uses it except for emacs or some niche programming.

Do your reading before spewing nonsense:

  https://leanpub.com/lisphackers/read

(and this is /only/ Common Lisp. There's Racket, Guile and the new
kid on the block, Clojure, each one with its own, quite interesting
projects -- check out Guix for Guile's current hot-spot).

Sorry, that sounds harsh, but that's how fake news are born. You've got
the tendency to state things as if they were true: then you've got the
damned duty to do some research before.

Furrfu.

Cheers
-- t