Re: text editors

d> Gian Uberto Lauri wrote:
EC> It's not. They are written in vimscript, analogous to elisp.
>>
>> Sorry not. While Elisp is a Lisp dialect, therefore is a language
>> that has been formally proved to be equivalent to turing-machine,
>> that is not certain for vimscript.
>>
>> And the elegance of the tool is more important that it seems at
>> first glance.

d> I've been listening at this BS at the university as well. Until now
d> I have not seen any practical or pragmatic use of this. I have
d> worked with PL and prolog for a while ... unfortunately I think in
d> coming years or decades it all will be declared dead ... when the
d> true AI from China will take over :D :D :D

I think that Lisp was used in AI because it was the best language you
could find to code smart algorithms on... Figure implementing mapcar
in assembler or FORTRAN :)

--
 /\           ___                                    Ubuntu: ancient
/___/\_|_|\_|__|___Gian Uberto Lauri_____               African word

Warning: gnome-config-daemon considered more dangerous than GOTO