Re: text editors

John Hasler wrote:

> I'm not trying to persuade anyone to use Emacs.  I am trying to convince
> people not to be deterred from trying it because of myths such as "You
> can't use Emacs if you can't program in Lisp".

Sorry John, but all of this is obsolete, if you are pragmatic enough, you
would admit it. Just take a step back and have a look from the other side.
What I am trying to say is that it is not worth investing time in learning
it - learning not lisp, but the whole emacs stuff and partially lisp,
because as someone said sooner or later you need this or that - finally
this is THE feature of emacs. If you do not take advantage of lisp, then
why not use any other editor. Sorry!