Re: bcmath extension for php 7.1 on debian linux

On Wed, Mar 27, 2019 at 06:43:59AM +0100, gro.naibed@lagelagelage.ch wrote:
>    Hi all
>

>    We need your help…
>

>    We need to use the bcmath extension on PHP 7.1 with a debian linux server…
>
>    We cant found any source or any think to install this extension.
>
>    We try to intall it with apt-get and also to add other sources to
>    sourcelist.
>

>    Can you help us to install it?

You do not provide enough information to know what version of Debian you
are using, but I am going to guess that you are using Debian stretch
(9).  You also do not mention what other sources you have tried adding
to your sources.list.  You also don't mention how you were able to
install PHP 7.1 (whether from upstream sources, or from Debian
packages).

I find it puzzling that you managed to install PHP 7.1 but now are not
able to install the corresponding bcmath package.  If you build from
sources, then it probably was built and installed along with the other
PHP components and you just need to enable it in your php.ini.

That said, you may want to consider installing your PHP packages from
this source: https://deb.sury.org/

That site is maintained by Ondřej Surý, who is a Debian Developer and
also one of the main PHP maintainers for Debian and Ubuntu.

Regards,

-Roberto

--
Roberto C. Sánchez