Re: bcmath extension for php 7.1 on debian linux

On 27.03.2019 16:45, Roberto C. Sánchez wrote:

That said, you may want to consider installing your PHP packages from
this source: https://deb.sury.org/

That site is maintained by Ondřej Surý, who is a Debian Developer and
also one of the main PHP maintainers for Debian and Ubuntu.

Regards,

-Roberto

This information could be very useful for me in the future, and save some time.
Still, in case of PHP, in order to mitigate "the version compatibility hell" and comply with requirements of various frameworks and CMS, I have to build personal packages from sources available upstream, most of the time.
Now I wonder, why is the owner of this repository doesn't contribute these packages to the original Debian repositories? Not even in form of backports.
Is the process too complicated and time consuming, so even Debian Developer and PHP maintainer finds it easier to just host his own repo online?

--
With kindest regards, Alexander.

⢀⣴⠾⠻⢶⣦⠀
⢿⡄⠘⠷⠚⠋⠀ https://www.debian.org