Re: Flushing all Buffers Before Exiting

Martin McCormick wrote:

> Apparently, the flush after each new cycle of data isn't
> taxing the system too much as the output looks correct.  This is
> a 600 MHZ Pentium which would have gone in to the recycle bin
> years ago if not for Linux.  Older systems like this tend to
> accentuate the effects of not being able to keep up much more
> obviously than if this was a quad-core 64-bit modern design.

I am not sure if the cost compared to productivity can keep up for this cpu,
but it is your business.

> The best test I can do is to look at the output which is
> quite repetitive as it is designed to allow radios to almost
> immediately figure out what frequency and "talk group" they
> should be on even if their owner turns on the radio in the middle
> of a conversation.  Subsequent lines all look the same so if one
> is missing part of the data, it looks wrong especially if you
> have watched enough of this gibberish to damage one's brain to
> the point where it starts making sense.

I just wonder why one would do that, but it is again your business. Nowdays
all of this communication is encrypted and you have virtually no chance
listening to this. In most of the countries it is even illegal, but ok, one
can do things for fun anyway - braking the encryption though is close to
impossible.
The communication follows well defined protocol, so knowing it, you might be
able to read the frames, but the content will remain hidden.
[https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Terrestrial_Trunked_Radio]

regards