Re: youtube video downloader for chrome

On Wed, 20 Mar 2019, Celejar wrote:

On Wed, 20 Mar 2019 10:34:42 +0100 (CET)
Pierre Frenkiel <pierre.frenkiel@gmail.com> wrote:

On Tue, 19 Mar 2019, riveravaldez wrote:

Maybe worth mentioning: youtube-dl, exceptionally useful and simple CLI tool.

   useful and simple... but it works only for urls with alphanumeric characters
   I tried with an url containing ? and &, and I got nothing
   I tried also by escaping ? and & with \, and it was not better.
   I'll send you an example later, if you are not convinced...

You can also try putting the url(s) in a file, and feeding the file to
youtube-dl via its -a option.

Celejar

   hi Celejar,
   thank you for your suggestion
   After downloading the last version of youtube-dl, I found that escaping
   or quoting actually works: keeping the part after & gives you all the files displayed in the given URL page
   and removing it gives only the requested file.
   Here is a summary of the differents tests I made:

   echo "https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ELPlMX0glwk&list=PLNNrNEw_ZhtIOOFq-TvyL96AMeuYFoHg_"; > t1
   ==> youtube-dl -a t1
       download 99 files

   youtube-dl 'https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ELPlMX0glwk&list=PLNNrNEw_ZhtIOOFq-TvyL96AMeuYFoHg_'