Reco - Re: iotop - or, checking what is accessing a drive

On 3/22/19 11:56 AM, Reco wrote:
	Hi.

On Fri, Mar 22, 2019 at 11:23:29AM -0400, deb wrote:
a.  Has anyone used iotop? thoughts?
Implemented in Python, so it's a toy. Was *the* thing back in 2.6.x
kernel's days.

b. Can anyone recommend a different tool?
"iostat -kx 1" to pinpoint a drive.
"pidstat -dl 1" to point at a process eating I/O.

Both come with "sysstat" package.

"perf top", but it *does* require skill, knowledge and determination.

Reco

There you go!

Good answer.

I saw the python in iotop as well and had doubts from there.

If it was an ext4 drive on Linux, I'd be thinking lazy ext4 init,

I'm looking at hdparm -C too.

Thank you Reco