Re: Bluetooth audio problem

On Sun, Mar 03, 2019 at 06:04:05PM +0100, deloptes wrote:
> Mark Fletcher wrote:
>
> > Hello
> >
> > Since upgrading to Stretch shortly after it became stable, I have had to
> > execute the following after a reboot before being able to connect to
> > bluetooth devices using the Gnome bluetooth applet:
> >
> > $ sudo pactl load-module module-bluetooth-discover

<self-snip (ouch!)>

> > Now, when I run the above command it is erroring out with:
> >
> > xcb_connection_has_error() returned true
> > Connection failure: Connection refused
> > pa_context_connect() failed: Connection refused
> >

> When I want to debug pulse I do
>
> echo "autospawn = no" > ~/.pulse/client.conf
>
> kill PA and run it from command line with -v option you can also
> use --log-level (man pulseaudio)
>
> perhaps you can see what is the problem there. If not it might be dbus issue
> with permissions - check the dbus settings
>
> Also some times it helps to remove the ~/.pulse directory and restart
> pulseaudio.

So this turned out to be a weirdie -- if I dropped the "sudo" my
original command worked.

So now, suddenly from that update that started this thread, if I run the
pactl command as an unprivileged user, it works fine. I have no idea why
it changed but I'm just happy I have it working again.

Mark