Re: Flushing all Buffers Before Exiting

On Thu, Mar 21, 2019 at 12:46:17PM -0400, Greg Wooledge wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 21, 2019 at 11:35:51AM -0500, Martin McCormick wrote:
> > 	I wrote the application that is creating this output in
> > perl
>
> https://perl.plover.com/FAQs/Buffering.html

This is it, thanks, Greg.

Most run times (C's FILE interface, i.e. fopen() and friends also)
have this interface. An abnormal end (i.e. signal) don't give the
application time to flush the buffers. You might want to catch
the signals and flush, but depending on the signal that might be
iffy (you sure you want to crawl on after having received a
SIGSEGV?) and sometimes impossible (SIGKILL, e.g.).

Cheers
-- t