Program behaves differently depending on how started

Dear all,

I have a problem with a program that once works well and once has a problem, depending on the way I start it.

If I start kdenlive (video editing) by clicking on a file in dolphin, it works as expected, i.e. it can play music files as well as video clips including video and audio.

If I start kdenlive by clicking on a desktop icon (KDE), via the start menu or by just typing kdenlive in a shell, it play video clips well but cannot play music files (I cannot hear them).

I already checked using ps and both times /usr/bin/kdenlive is shown, both times running inside firejail, but if I start it in a shell circumventing firejail that doesn't change anything.

So, there has to be a difference in "process context", right? How I can I check that? Unfortunately I'm all completely stumped in this case.

Are there any ways how to compare two programs running in what they can do, can access, ...? Any idea how to proceed?

Thanks for ideas and pointers,
Bernd