Re: How to get a non random IPv6 address on buster ?

Hi Erwan,

On Wed, Mar 20, 2019 at 10:28:55PM +0100, Erwan David wrote:
> > How to get back the EUI64 Mac based address ?

[…]

> So maybe it is network-manager which does this ? (privacy extensions set
> to Default)

Before we go on too much of a wild goose chase, can you confirm that
you do actually use Network Manager to set up your networking?

I do not use N-M anywhere where I have felt a need to modify its
behaviour, but I understand that you can use "nmcli" to disable the
privacy addresses:

    https://librehacker.com/2018/04/04/network-manager-and-ipv6-privacy/

Personally I find privacy addresses a useful feature, so in your
position I would continue using them but also add static IPv6
addresses that are used for well-known services. So I'd have the
best of both worlds: outbound connections using unpredictable source
address, but known address for inbound connections.

Cheers,
Andy