Re: Strange VLC upgrade

Michelle Konzack wrote:
> Good morning*
>
> Some days ago I made an upgrade and now VLC (3.0.6-0+deb9u1) is very
> strange:
>
> 1) If I am with the curser on the VLC window, it show not more the
>    arrow, but the "Resize Cursor"
>
> 2) If I have several programs open and more then the half of my
>    Thinkpad T400 memory (4 GByte) is used, vlc iconify itself
>
> 3) If I open a saved playlist, VLC rearrange it which I do not want
>
> 4) VLC lost all the times its sound settings and I have to search in
>    a list of arrond 20 devices the right functioning one
>
> 5) VLC has now window decorations in the control panel in fullscreen
>    modus and the control panel is outside of the screen in the bottom
>
> 6) At startup, VLC windows is always outside of screen geometry to
>    the left
>
> 7) VLC does not more respect EWMH
>
> and the list continues endless!
>
> Are there solutions to solv this seven more important problems?
>
> Thanks in advance

  i'm not seeing any problems like this with the current
version in testing which reports a version (via dpkg)
of 3.0.6-1 (but i'd not had a problem like you've reported
with the previous versions either).

  since i am following testing/unstable at times i do
expect things to not quite always work but vlc has
usually been at least ok - i also have to admit that i
don't use it very often.

  perhaps it is a desktop/environment issue as i've
been using MATE...

  that is all i can think of at the moment.

  songbird