Re: blank time in console too short

On Tue, Mar 19, 2019 at 12:28:43PM +0100, Martin wrote:
> May be, it is bash's TMOUT what you are looking for.

No, that makes the shell exit.  It doesn't do anything to the monitor.

Try looking at setterm(1), perhaps?

> Am 19.03.19 um 12:08 schrieb Hans:
> > I know of setterm, and I checked /etc/console-*/* as well as /etc/laptop-mode/
> > *.

Oh.  Well, there goes my knowledge.

> > Others, like /etc/kbd/* or /etc/init/tty/* are not existent on both systems.
> >
> > I also know, that the blank time is hardcoded in the kernel (both got the same
> > kernel version) and that it can be set either by a kernel parameter or using a
> > setterm command in a login.def.

Oh, it sounds like you already knew the answer before you asked us.
For the benefit of others who may be searching the archives looking
for the answer to this question, perhaps you could tell us which kernel
parameter this is.

(So, why did you ask us?)