Re: And now, from the Nice people? Re: Group thoughts on: Anti-virus tools

On 2019-03-11, deloptes <deloptes@gmail.com> wrote:
> Curt wrote:
>
>> I don't believe he did, actually. I believe that's what Reco wrote.
>
> but there is no secure OS, as soon as you get connected to the network, and
> if you have a server with multiple users ... well. We used to put sensitive
> servers in DMZ aside of the user network - for a good reason.

I don't follow how this follows from your erroneous attribution. But if
you're saying that no OS is immune from some form of insecurity, you're
wasting your breath because that man is made of straw.

On the other hand, some operating systems are more secure than others
(*for whatever reasons*). I think that statement is statistically
verifiable. (I was going to invent one of those strained, if handy, car
analogies but thought better of it.)

--
“Let us again pretend that life is a solid substance, shaped like a globe,
which we turn about in our fingers. Let us pretend that we can make out a plain