Re: And now, from the Nice people? Re: Group thoughts on: Anti-virus tools

deb wrote:

> Not that I'm aware of. The thing is - instead of taking an insecure OS
> and building assorted kludges (in the form of anti-virus) around it,
> it's considered wise here to use a secure OS from the beginning.

If you have windows users in your network, the best is to pay for a server
license for linux and integrate it into clamav. I think most of the popular
anti virus software companies have their products running on linux and able
to integrate in clamav. You have to pay but it pays off, if you have
employes or simply people using windows in your network.

The security of course is not only the antivirus, but also the firewall, VPN
and similar - 1. reduce the risk of intrusion and 2. increase the chance of
detection. Anti virus software is only part of it all.

regards