Re: [Bacula-users] systemd bacula-director.service masked

I installed Debian 10 through synaptic. I previously had a jumbled up sources.list having accidentally moved from jessie to buster so on advice from the forum I reduced the entries to two both referring to 'buster'

Synaptic uninstalled quite a few packages, and then installed OK except that Inetutils-syslogd failed. Later I set synaptic to install bacula which it did except that bacula director  failed as did bacula-services.The error logs seemed to suggest that the bacula failure was due to having no syslog facility so I got inetutils-syslogd to load by commenting out most of the entries of the configuration file, and after this bacula director and ineutils-syslogd did install. Haven't yet worked out how to replace the configuration file, although most of the log files are working

On masking, earlier on I had had trouble starting the network, as it seemed to start without the help of systemd, and when systemd tried to start it it reported a failure and as a result I would lose connectivity . So I just masked the systemd networking and networking.service  units and things worked. I guess this may be the problem if bacula-services needs them -  but I cannot live with losing connectivity every time I reboot

I have posted this reply on https://lists.debian.org/debian-user/ so you could reply there if not direct