Re: fake transparency urxvt fails

On 19-02-28 11:53, Dan Ritter wrote:
> Jonas Hedman wrote:
>
> from the frequently useful archlinux wiki:
>
> ####
> ! Xresources file
>
> URxvt*inheritPixmap: true
> URxvt*transparent: true
> ! URxvt*shading: 0 to 99 darkens, 101 to 200 lightens
> URxvt*shading: 110
>
> Using the URxvt*background setting exemplified above instead of
> URxvt*shading will also work.
>
> Note: Avoid using shading if you have a URxvt.tintColor set. Use
> a different tintColor instead.
> ####
>

> See that last note? It's probably important.
>
> -dsr-

Thanks for the reply!

Alright this is now driving me crazy. I created a new user (in case I
have some weird setting somewhere in my /home) set a wallpaper using feh
saved the following minimal .Xresources:

    ! Xresources file

    URxvt*inheritPixmap: true
    URxvt*transparent: true
    ! URxvt*shading: 0 to 99 darkens, 101 to 200 lightens
    URxvt*shading: 50

and ran xrdb on it to see if the problem comes from using tintColor
and shading. but nope this gives me a greyish bg (and with shading 100
it works just as before).

Am I missing some library or something like that? I feel pretty much
lost now.

regards
--
Jonas Hedman

PGP: 8F72 C5BE AAFA B4BA 8F46 9185 5C39 89E0 616B B08C