Re: dirmngr, can't live with it, can't live without it

On Thu, 2019-02-28 at 12:56 +0000, Curt wrote:
> On 2019-02-28, Jim Popovitch <jim@k4vqc.com> wrote:
> > >
> > > I don't have the protocol (hkp) - but the point was to remove the
> > > keyserver
> > > from dirmngr.conf - not sure if it is right for your DE though.
> >
> > Thanks for that, testing that now!
>
> Perhaps unrelated to your plight, but have you tried another pool?
> ping times to the North American pool from here (outside Lutèce) are
> significantly higher (if that even means anything) than those to the
> other pools I tried (primary, European, Oceania).
>
> https://sks-keyservers.net/overview-of-pools.php

I originally switched from the default SKS pool to the NA pool (I live
in Atlanta, GA, USA) because I thought that the NA pool might
reduce/eliminate any latency issues for me.  I do plan to test further
with  with a custom pool of just 1 or 2 well-known key servers in the
closest proximity (net'wise) to me.

-Jim P.