Re: Can't scan new disk

On 2/25/19 8:48 AM, Curt wrote:
On 2019-02-25, Mark Allums <mark@allums.email> wrote:

This is not satisfactory.  Surely there is a way to neutralize a running
gvfsd/fuse mount on a device without reinstalling to whole OS.

Mark

man gvfsd says:

  ENVIRONMENT
        GVFS_DISABLE_FUSE
            If this environment variable is set, gvfsd will not start the fuse filesystem.

So maybe something like

  GVFS_DISABLE_FUSE=1
  export GVFS_DISABLE_FUSE

might be of aid in your neutralization efforts.

Doesn't work.

Or perhaps simply:

  gconftool --type Boolean --set /apps/nautilus/preferences/media_automount false

If not, sorry, and my respects to Martha.

I don't use Gnome/Nautilus.  MATE and/or Xfce.

Mark