Re: Debian Sid updates

Good advice from Roberto.  Also, I run Sid but do *not* upgrade
frequently.  Works fine.  I just keep an eye on on the development and
security lists so that I know when it is safe and/or prudent to upgrade.
Blindly "tracking" Sid can get you in trouble.  Don't forget that
packages (including new versions of packages you already have installed)
can be uploaded to Sid without all their dependencies being satisfied.

When I do upgrade I do "apt-get upgrade", look over what got held back
and why, and then decide whether or not to do "apt-get full-upgrade".
--
John Hasler
jhasler@newsguy.com