Re: Swapping Drives - Sanity Check

On Saturday, February 23, 2019 07:53:23 AM Pascal Hambourg wrote:
> Le 23/02/2019 à 08:53, David Christensen a écrit :
> > Understand that if you disconnect the power cable to a motherboard,
> > drive, peripheral, etc., but not all the other cables (e.g. SATA cable),
> > you can fry electronics.
>
> Right. This is why power pins are longer than data pins in plug&play
> connectors, so that they are connected first and disconnected last.

Hmm, that surprises me -- I guess I would have expected that you want the data
pins connected first (while no power is applied), and disconnected last (again,
while no power is applied).  Interesting,

I guess I am behind the times (and I will have to find some Plug-n-PLay device
and look at the connectors).