Re: Swapping Drives - Sanity Check

On Sat, Feb 23, 2019 at 09:41:27AM -0500, rhkramer@gmail.com wrote:
On Saturday, February 23, 2019 07:53:23 AM Pascal Hambourg wrote:
Le 23/02/2019 à 08:53, David Christensen a écrit :
> Understand that if you disconnect the power cable to a motherboard,
> drive, peripheral, etc., but not all the other cables (e.g. SATA cable),
> you can fry electronics.

Right. This is why power pins are longer than data pins in plug&play
connectors, so that they are connected first and disconnected last.

Hmm, that surprises me -- I guess I would have expected that you want the data
pins connected first (while no power is applied), and disconnected last (again,
while no power is applied).  Interesting,

You generally want ground connected first.