[Solved] Re: Problems upgrading grub-pc

On Thu, 21 Feb 2019 23:27:04 +0000
Brad Rogers <brad@fineby.me.uk> wrote:

Hello,

>Today, upgrading a testing install at the end of which report was
>"setting up grub-pc"  The problem is that it just sat there, and didn't
>complete.  Attempts to correct the problem with;

Well, in exasperation, and with a sense of trepidation, I rebooted the
system.  Exasperation, because I'd run out of ideas and clues.
Trepidation, because I had no idea whether the machine would reboot
successfully.  All went well, thankfully.

I then retried the upgrade and that proceeded without errors.  I have no
idea what was wrong, but clearly it was a transient issue.

So, problem overcome.

--
 Regards  _
Stained glass windows keep the cold outside