Problems upgrading grub-pc

Hello,

Today, upgrading a testing install at the end of which report was
"setting up grub-pc"  The problem is that it just sat there, and didn't
complete.  Attempts to correct the problem with;
 '# dpkg --configure grub-pc'
also failed to complete the update.

Downgrading to the previous version didn't help, that too just sits
there failing to complete.

Anybody else seeing this?

If anybody has a solution, I'd love to know what it is, as my searches
failed to get me anywhere.

--
 Regards  _
I guess I shouldn't have strangled her to death