Re: Please Recommend Affordable and Reliable Cloud Storage for 50 TB of Data

On 2019-02-18, Celejar <celejar@gmail.com> wrote:

> Agreed.
>
>> BTW, what about these Canadians (histoire de couper la poire en deux, so
>> to speak)?
>>
>> https://www.sync.com/pricing/
>>
>> Business Advanced
>>
>>  For multiple users
>>  $15per user, per month
>>  billed annually
>>  2-user minimum
>>
>>  All the secure file storage you need (up to 10 TB per user), with
>>  advanced sharing, collaboration, admin controls and live support.
>>
>> That comes out to $75.00 a month for 50TB (five users).
>> Sounds pretty good from here.
>
> Looks interesting - do they support standard protocols, or is their
> proprietary client required?

No support for standard protocols that I can see and you need to install
their proprietary app (for which there is none for Linux, though they
say they're working on one).

So those constitute rather important cons that probably cancel out the
pros, at least until a linux client appears. I believe SpiderOak One has
a Debian client, BTW (storage of 50TB would be about $250.00 a month
with them if I'm calculating correctly).

--

When you have fever you are heavy and light, you are small and swollen, you
climb endlessly a ladder which turns like a wheel.