Re: Please Recommend Affordable and Reliable Cloud Storage for 50 TB of Data

On 15.02.2019 11:44, Turritopsis Dohrnii Teo En Ming wrote:
Hi,

Could you recommend affordable and reliable cloud storage for 50 TB of data?

Here are some important factors to consider:

1. Personal/non-commercial use.
Out of pure interest, what kind of data do plan to store? How often do you plan to access it and from what location?
50000 GB of data looks enormous to transfer over the Internet on daily basis.
2. Must be affordable, since I am unemployed most of the time and have
super low levels of income for the past 12 years since I graduated
from the National University of Singapore in 2007.
I don't think there are any kind of storage service available for that kind of storage demand and costs a few tenners.
50 TB is no joke and even basic calculation gives values around $1300 per month.
I don't know the whole picture of your use case, but I think it would be much cheaper in a long run to self-host it on premises. Even with high availability solution.
3. Cloud storage provider must not be a fly-by-night company, that is,
it will not suddenly close down the next day.
Basically, you have to stick with one of major companies, like Google, Amazon, CloudFlare, Microsoft.
Otherwise, there is no guarantee that your data will vanish one day with the company, but even then, once your data is uploaded into cloud it could become a hostage at any time in the future.
Please advise.

Thank you.

--
With kindest regards, Alexander.