Re: Looking for advise to replacy Pan newsreader

On Sun, 17 Feb 2019 16:07:11 +0000
Tixy <tixy@yxit.co.uk> wrote:

> On Sun, 2019-02-17 at 15:56 +0000, Tixy wrote:
> > On Sun, 2019-02-17 at 14:47 +0000, Juan R. de Silva wrote:
> [...]
> > > And may I ask you what do you use to follow this very maillist?
> >
> > Erm, he probably uses a email client to follow this email list like
> > I guess a lot (most?) people do, usenet newsgroups are a different
> > thing to email. Though I understand from other posts here over the
> > years that there are services that present mailing lists like these
> > and newsgroups.
>
> That last line should have read...
> there are services that present mailing lists like these as
> newsgroups.
>
> And Juan, I see from the email headers for your posts that you are
> using one of those services, namely Gmane.

Yes, I am using Gmane. In fact practically all Linux related lists I
follow using it.

I'm still mostly using Pan, but this post I am making using
Claws-Mail. Yes, it is not bad at all for my purposes.

Much better then Thunderbird with its crazy font size "free dance" and
it does not close group pane on its own volition as Pan does. Boy, that
"feature" of Pan drove me nuts lately. And somehow it closes group pane
or at best reduces it size, all at a sudden, almost exclusively when I
am reading 'debian.users' list. Pan is a good reader but I get sick and
tired spending about 1/3 of my time fishing out the group pane it
closes.