Re: Looking for advise to replacy Pan newsreader

On Sun, 2019-02-17 at 14:47 +0000, Juan R. de Silva wrote:
> On Sat, 16 Feb 2019 22:51:04 -0800, Patrick Bartek wrote:
>
> > On Sun, 17 Feb 2019 04:05:47 -0000 (UTC)
> > "Juan R. de Silva" <juan.r.d.silva@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > > Pan newsreader,which I used happily for several years, lately get
> > > buggy
> > > as hell and cannot be used any longer at all.
> > >
> > > I tried Thunderbird from Debian repo and found that the pure
> > > thing is
> > > not capable to keep a uniform font size through all posts. That
> > > is, the
> > > font size changes as soon as I try to advance either to a next
> > > post or
> > > to another group.
> > >
> > > Can your share with me what do you use for newsgroups reading. I
> > > do not
> > > care about binaries. All I want to follow several Linux usenet
> > > newsgroups. Plain text reading.
> >
> > Claws-mail besides being a text-based only email client can also
> > access
> > NNTP news accounts, too. Although, I've never done so.  Abandoned
> > NNTP
> > and pan a year ago.

> And may I ask you what do you use to follow this very maillist?

Erm, he probably uses a email client to follow this email list like I
guess a lot (most?) people do, usenet newsgroups are a different thing
to email. Though I understand from other posts here over the years that
there are services that present mailing lists like these and newsgroups
.

--
Tixy