Looking for advise to replacy Pan newsreader

Pan newsreader,which I used happily for several years, lately get buggy
as hell and cannot be used any longer at all.

I tried Thunderbird from Debian repo and found that the pure thing is not
capable to keep a uniform font size through all posts. That is, the font
size changes as soon as I try to advance either to a next post or to another
group.

Can your share with me what do you use for newsgroups reading. I do not care
about binaries. All I want to follow several Linux usenet newsgroups. Plain
text reading.

Thanks