Re: Please Recommend Affordable and Reliable Cloud Storage for 50 TB of Data

Noted with thanks.

On Fri, Feb 15, 2019 at 5:53 PM Curt <curty@free.fr> wrote:

> On 2019-02-15, Turritopsis Dohrnii Teo En Ming <tdteoenming@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > Basically personal data. I don't intend to access the data in the
> > Cloud often. Just want to park it permanently in the Cloud. Maybe I
> > can access the Cloud from anywhere in the world?
> >

> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amazon_Glacier
>

>  Glacier has two costs, one for storage and one for retrieval.  Uploading data
>  to Glacier is free. Storage pricing is simple: it currently costs 0.4 cents per
>  gigabyte per month, which is 82% cheaper than S3 Standard.
>
>  In 2016, AWS revised their retrieval pricing model.[16] The new model bases
>  the retrieval fee on the number of gigabytes retrieved. This can amount to a
>  99% price cut for users who perform only one glacier retrieval in a month. At
>  the same time, AWS introduced new methods of retrieval that take different
>  amounts of time. An expedited retrieval costs one cent per request and three
>  cents per gigabyte, and can retrieve data in one to five minutes. A standard
>  retrieval costs five cents per thousand requests and one cent per gigabyte, and
>  takes three to five hours. A bulk retrieval costs 2.5 cents per thousand
>  requests and 0.25 cents per gigabyte, and takes seven to twelve hours. AWS also
>  introduced provisioned capacity for expedited retrievals, each unit of which
>  costs $100 per month and guarantees at least three expedited retrievals every
>  five minutes, and up to 150 MB/s of retrieval bandwidth. Without provisioned
>  capacity, expedited retrievals are done on a capacity available basis.
>
> Happy storage.

===BEGIN EMAIL SIGNATURE===

The Gospel for all Targeted Individuals (TIs):

[The New York Times] Microwave Weapons Are Prime Suspect in Ills of
U.S. Embassy Workers

Link: https://www.nytimes.com/2018/09/01/science/sonic-attack-cuba-microwave.html

Singaporean Mr. Turritopsis Dohrnii Teo En Ming's Academic
Qualifications as at 14 Feb 2019

[1] https://tdtemcerts.wordpress.com/

[2] https://tdtemcerts.blogspot.sg/

[3] https://www.scribd.com/user/270125049/Teo-En-Ming