Re: Permissions error with Postfix + Cyrus

	Hi.

On Fri, Feb 15, 2019 at 01:18:50PM -0300, Daniel Bareiro wrote:
> But I have noticed that after doing a reboot I have this problem again.

Its' expected. /var/run is a symlink to /run, in-memory filesystem
(tmpfs). Which becomes empty after each reboot.
Every time you boot, systemd calls systemd-tmpfiles with the
following config:

$ cat /usr/lib/tmpfiles.d/cyrus-imapd.conf
#Type Path              Mode UID   GID  Age Argument
    d /run/cyrus        0755 cyrus mail -   -
    d /run/cyrus/socket 0750 cyrus mail -   -

Since dpkg-statoverride is honored only at package installation or
upgrade, systemd wins ☺.

And if you're not using systemd - /etc/init.d/cyrus-imapd takes care of
calling systemd-tmpfiles.

> Any idea what could be a definitive solution? Maybe I'm missing
> something here?

Try this if you're using systemd:

cat > /etc/tmpfiles.d/cyrus-imapd.conf << EOF
#Type Path              Mode UID   GID  Age Argument
    d /run/cyrus        0755 cyrus lmtp -   -
    d /run/cyrus/socket 0750 cyrus lmtp -   -
EOF

And you have to dpkg-divert /usr/lib/tmpfiles.d/cyrus-imapd.conf if
you're *not* using systemd, see above.

Reco