Re: Permissions error with Postfix + Cyrus

On 15/2/19 13:59, Reco wrote:

> 	Hi.

Hi, Reco. Thanks for your reply.

> Its' expected. /var/run is a symlink to /run, in-memory filesystem
> (tmpfs). Which becomes empty after each reboot.
> Every time you boot, systemd calls systemd-tmpfiles with the
> following config:
>
> $ cat /usr/lib/tmpfiles.d/cyrus-imapd.conf
> #Type Path              Mode UID   GID  Age Argument
>     d /run/cyrus        0755 cyrus mail -   -
>     d /run/cyrus/socket 0750 cyrus mail -   -
>
> Since dpkg-statoverride is honored only at package installation or
> upgrade, systemd wins ☺.
>
> And if you're not using systemd - /etc/init.d/cyrus-imapd takes care of
> calling systemd-tmpfiles.

Thanks for the explanation. Maybe I'm confused but I think that in the
upgrade I did from Wheezy to Jessie with systemd I had used
dpkg-statoverride and the changes were persistent in the reboots. That's
why I had thought that upgrading from Jessie to Stretch I would have the
same result.

>> Any idea what could be a definitive solution? Maybe I'm missing
>> something here?

> Try this if you're using systemd:
>
> cat > /etc/tmpfiles.d/cyrus-imapd.conf << EOF
> #Type Path              Mode UID   GID  Age Argument
>     d /run/cyrus        0755 cyrus lmtp -   -
>     d /run/cyrus/socket 0750 cyrus lmtp -   -
> EOF

Thank you! It worked!

> And you have to dpkg-divert /usr/lib/tmpfiles.d/cyrus-imapd.conf if
> you're *not* using systemd, see above.

I'll keep it in mind.

Thank you very much for your time.

Kind regards,