Re: What am I missing that causes this error response from the wheezy mozilla?

On Thursday 07 February 2019 05:19:54 Curt wrote:

> On 2019-02-07, Gene Heskett <gheskett@shentel.net> wrote:
> >>
> >> People have been prosecuted for evading the controls in that way.
> >> The government doesn't need to prove that any other illegal
> >> activity was involved or intended: evading the reporting
> >> requirements is a crime in itself.
> >
> > Maybe, but if they jailed everybody that did it, we'd need at least
> > 20x more beds in the jails.+
> >

> > Cheers, Gene Heskett
>
> I thought the $10,000 rule had to do with *cash*.
>
>  Cash does not include:
>
>   • Personal checks drawn on the account of the writer.
>   • A cashier’s check, bank draft, traveler’s check or money order
> with a face value of more than $10,000.
>
> https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-utl/irsform8300referenceguide.pdf
>
> Maybe I'm missing something here.

Or my fav used car dealer, a good member of our church, who's sold me the
last 5 vehicles we've worn out, running a 2 site business his
grandfather started about the end of WW-II. And that's how he's done it
since that $10,000 rule went into effect. Anytime I feel the need to
refresh my driveway, I've alway found what I wanted, for a decent price.
Driveway occupants currently include a 2007 RAV4 that had 21,000 miles on
it when I wrote 2 checks for it in 2011, now has 62k on it, and hasn't
turned a wheel in months, but its sitting there with a charger on its
battery because its computer will kill a battery in a week if its not
moving.

Then a year back my 99 gmc pickup decided to rust thru its brake lines
and start leaking axle grease at the spring hanger bolts, about a year
after I'd put a new long block in it because the head gaskets failed and
the old one had a pan full of antifreeze at 112k miles, I got it up to
116k before rust was the ultimate enemy.  So now I'm in a 2011 Ford,
ecoboost v6 that looked showroom when I got behind the wheel a year ago.
Had 139k on it already, but I've not been very far with it so its at
142,300 about now. Worst complaint is its poor mileage around town when
using it for the daily driver. Way too easy to spool up the blowers and
get some serious giddyup out of it.  Crew cab, full topper, first class
all the way. But that giddyup has to move over 7000 lbs, so the mileage
hovers at about 14.  Reset and go 435 one way to the nieces Dairy farm
in NY and it will be showing just shy of 18 when it next pulls into the
driveway.  I'd sell the toy, but I can't get the missus up into this
cab, so it sits until I have to take her, her oxygen tank and her
wheelchair someplace. Which hasn't happened since last summer.

I think we've about worn this off topic thread out. The $10,000 rule is
what it is wherever you are doing business.
Cheers, Gene Heskett
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)